Re: Making thumbs same size

2007. 06. 5, kedd keltezéssel 10.17-kor tedd ezt írta:
> At 3:33 PM +0200 6/5/07, Zoltán Németh wrote:
> >2007. 06. 5, kedd keltezéssel 09.17-kor tedd ezt írta:
> >>  At 9:56 AM -0400 6/4/07, Robert Cummings wrote:
> >>  >On Mon, 2007-06-04 at 09:50 -0400, tedd wrote:
> >>  >>
> >>  >>  Don't scale, resample. See here:
> >>  >>
> >  > >>  http://www.webbytedd.com/b/thumb/index.php
> >  > >

> >  > PS: It's always pays to have someone
> >knowledgeable review your code -- thanks.
> >
> >one more note:
> >you have ignore_user_abort(); in the beginning of the script, but
> >according to the manual ( http://php.net/ignore_user_abort ) it should
> >be used like ignore_user_abort(TRUE); otherwise it only returns the
> >current setting...
>
> Zoltán:
>
> Ah yes, I see. I'll remove that statement
> altogether. That statement is only to keep
> processes running (regardless of the user's
> actions) to their completion, like updating a dB.
> The code I provide in the demo simply presents a
> thumbnail to the user and if the user is not
> there, then why continue anyway? Thus, no reason
> to continue, right?
>
> However, there seems to be some disagreement
> about what the ignore_user_abort() returns.

the return value is an int (1/0), although the parameter should be
boolean, that is a source of confusion.
but the parameter must be specified in order to set the setting,
regardless of the return value ;)

> Also, in my readings, I have read several books
> that say keeping any sort of error reporting code
> in your public script is not a good idea. In
> other words, don't give possible evil-doers any
> information. So, I should remove the error
> reporting statements as well.
>
> Any thoughts?

I agree with the above idea. Errors should be logged (and possibly sent
in notification mail to the developer or something like that), not
displayed to the outside world, as they can expose sensitive information
about your setup.

greets
Zoltán Németh

> Cheers,
>
> tedd
>
> PS: I thought that at least someone would tell me that my dog was cute.

PS: Your dog is cute :)