Re: Single Sign On

At 8:06 AM +0530 6/4/07, Sudheer Satyanarayana wrote:
Hi,

We have three web sites
a) example1.com
b) example2.com
c) my.example2.com

Our sites include exclusive pages for registered users. All user account management tasks are handled by my.example2.com including registration, modification, cancellation, etc. We would like to create a single sign on system for all the three web sites. The user would sign on with a single username and password to all three web sites. For example, when the user visits a membership page in example1.com he would be prompted to sign on to his account. His credentials are stored in my.example2.com. my.example2.com is now fully functional. After the successful sign on, the user would be redirected to original membership page in example1.com.

How would I pass the information from my.example2.com to example1.com about the authentication status of user?

We use MySQL database to store and retrieve user account details in my.example2.com. The web host does not allow remote database connections.

If you have some control over software installation/web server configuration, you may find Pubcookie -

	http://www.pubcookie.org/

- useful.

	steve

--