Removing PHPSESSID - CGI Install

Hi,

I have PHP installed as a CGI module on my server. I want to stop PHPSESSID
from appearing in the URL when a users cookies are turned for just one
account. My hosting company says that this is impossible - they would have
to change php.ini and that would affect every account on the server. Also if
PHP is changed to an Apache module then they won't support it. Is there no
other way around this? Removing PHPSESSID is very important for SEO
purposes...

Thanks for your advice.