Re: uploading really big files

On 5/30/07, Angelo Zanetti <angelo@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Dear all

We need to develop a system where we can upload really big files. IE 15
- 25 Mb.
So I know you can set the limit of the upload thats not a problem, I
know a problem that we might experience is that the browser might time
out. Is there any way around this? and also are there other problems I
might encounter?

Thanks in advance

angelo
--

I've recently followed this example, for a internal use only upload.
It is for ASP but you can easily modify it for PHP.

http://www.codeproject.com/useritems/AJAXUpload.asp

The one of the limitations of this method is that its IE only. And
also you need to made some registry changes in the clients for it to
work, and then it gets ugly.
But hey, take a look ;)