Re: Client does not support authentication protocol...

On Mon, May 28, 2007 9:52 pm, Tom wrote:
> Hi, as always, I'm trying to connect to a MySQL database in the
> following
> way:
>
> mysql_connect('host','user','password');
>
> In my local PC this Works perfectly, but in the server I receipt the
> following error:
>
> mysql_connect(): Client does not support authentication protocol
> requested
> by server; consider upgrading MySQL client
>
> Which can the cause of this error be?
> Am I able to make something to solve it or does a problem belong
> exclusively
> to the administrator of the server?

Server admin.

Your PHP is trying to use MySQL version X, and the server is running
MySQL version Y, and they are not gonna match up until the host syncs
their PHP/MySQL install.

At least, that's how I understand it...

--
Some people have a "gift" link here.