Re: PHP debugger

On 5/25/07, Jochem Maas <jochem@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Miles Thompson wrote:

> Suggestions will be most welcome. Also, I'm not married to this, so if
> anyone thinks there is a better debugger, please jump in.

I'm not going to jump in there ... I almost drown in that quagmire
everytime I have to get a debugger setup working ... but ...

> Regards - Miles Thompson
>
> PS Why are we doing this? Because we are getting tired of debugging
> with Javascript alert()  boxes. /mt
>
> PPS And we are using those because of Joomla!  Some things are buried
> so deeply we cannot use print() or echo(). /mt

2 things:

1. when you have no hair left whatsoever:

        var_dump($foo); exit;

2. error_log() is your friend .... tail the log and run the code.

just a thought.

Hey Jochem,

It's been a long slog, and I'm still playing with "test" programs to
figure out how things work. It sure isn't like using a desktop
debugger, especially as we are doing it all remotely.

Thanks for your comments - Miles