Re: Re: RE: Cannot access file on Network Drive (Windows 2003)

On 5/24/07, Rahul Sitaram Johari <sleepwalker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

You may have something here.
Problem is, I don¹t know how to mess with how & under what user Apache is
running ­ and no one else here does either so basically I have to figure
this one out! I would like to, as you suggested, try and ³get Apache to run
as a service under a user that can access the network resource².

I definitely agree about using non-mapped addresses and using the actual
Server Name addresses.

Ok, I don't know a lot of Apache & PHP under Windows, but did you try
to run the script through the PHP CLI? If you start your script
through the CLI it will run as the user you're currently working in,
so make sure you're logged in as Administrator, and then try running
it through the CLI. If you don't know how to do that, I believe you
should open a command line with start->run type "cmd" (without "") and
press enter. Then you should do a few cd commands to go to the actual
directory where php.exe is. Then you should type php.exe
C:/Full/Path/To/File.php

If it runs this way, then you're probably sure it is a permission
issue. I would recommend to use the code you posted on May 24, 2007
4:35 PM.

Tijnema