Re: Include file questions

Kevin Murphy <php@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:  .inc files have a disadvantage in that if you view the file:

  http://www.yoursite.com/file.inc

  you can see the php code. I prefer not to use those just on the off chance that someone can see my code and use that as the basis for figuring out a way to exploit it (especially true of password files, etc).
    I have a directory at the same level as Doc Root called include and all my includes are in there. These contains login data, passwords etc.

  I feel safer keeping as much of my code as possible outside of Doc Root.

  Stephen