Re: PHP Data Mining/Data Scraping

http://php.net/curl

> I want to accept queries on behalf of my supplier, forward it to them
> behind
> the scenes, accept their response and display it within my website.
>
> Has anyone had any experience with this?  Is there a simple, basic
> utility
> to let me do this?
>
> I was kind of hoping I could avoid developing it myself.

Search for PHP curl examples online, and you should find the code
simple enough to copy/paste and alter to taste...

It won't be quite as easy as "install forum X" but it shouldn't kill
you either...

The tricky bit is to figure out what to do when your result from the
supplier is not "success" nor "failure" but their site has gone down
and you've got some weird answer you've never seen before...

Or when they alter their web application and then yours breaks because
of it...

You'll end up taking a simple 5-line program and adding about 50 lines
of "what if" error handling if you do this right...  Or leave it at 5
lines and pray nothing goes wrong :-)

--
Some people have a "gift" link here.
Know what I want?