Re: Security Question, re directory permissions

On 5/19/07, Al <news@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
How can anyone, other than the staff, get into my site?  Far as I know, other users can't get out of their own domain
space and into mine.

That's quite easy, especially when you have SSH access.
Of course, it will only work with specific settings, and that might be
blocked on some hosts, but it works for me.
On my host, accounts for domains are just in /home
so let's say i have 2 accounts, account a & b.
their directorys are resp. /home/a & /home/b.
When i create a diretory with account a at /home/a/dir, and i chmod it
757, i can write a file there from account b.

Tijnema