Re: Security Question, re directory permissions

On Fri, 2007-05-18 at 20:16 -0400, Al wrote:
> How can anyone, other than the staff, get into my site?  Far as I know, other users can't get out of their own domain
> space and into mine.

Bugs in your code, bugs in third-party code, bugs in PHP itself,
sometimes they can be abused to take advantage of your server. The less
secure everything else is, the greater the advantage that can be taken.

Just ask anyone who's had their site defaced.

Cheers,
Rob.