Re: Resources for plugin based frameworks

This is mostly for anyone that could later read this thread, (probably
when searching) but I found an excellent article titled Developing a
Plugin Architecture for PHP Applications in the april 2006 issue of
the php|architect magazine.

On 5/14/07, Greg Donald <gdonald@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 5/14/07, Guillaume Theoret <smokinn@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I'm about to start a project and I'm still in the architectural design
> phase. It's going to be a content management system but for several
> unrelated things such as website management, employee management or
> project management.
>
> I plan on building a module based system where each part can be
> developed as an individual plugin and then just added into the
> portal/main page.
>
> Does anyone know of any php-specific resources (either online or paper
> format, both are fine) that would be helpful?

If PHP is required I would suggest Drupal.  It's a really good CMS
with a solid plugin/module architecture.  The API is very well
documented.

--
Greg Donald
http://destiney.com/