RE: PHP 5.2 array() == null

On Tue, 2007-05-15 at 17:27 +0100, Edward Kay wrote:
> [...]

Yes, being empty is why it is equivalent to boolean false. It makes it
simple and self explanatory to do code like the following:

<?php

    if( $array )
    {
        // do something since it's not empty
    }
    else
    {
        // sorry nothing was found.
    }

?>

This is preferable to using the count() function since no function
overhead is incurred.

Cheers,
Rob.