Search function

Hey!

.....A little background:
We have a site that has already been made.. a couple of hundred pages displayed via SMARTY templates, the site's in Swedish.

The navigation and other parts except for the center is taken care of by the templates and other scripts... the center main text is taken from the database(mySql) based on $page_id...its in a MySql TEXT field and has all the html etc that will be displayed in the center of the page.

....End of background..

Now they want to add a "search function" to the site... a simpe textbox where a user enters a word or sentance and they get 20 results per page... with a "x.xx % closest to your query"  can anybody give me basic pointers on where to start?
Any links/software or articles too would be appreciated...

(I can do the pagentation etc... just the search logic...)

Thanks!

------
- The faulty interface lies between the chair and the keyboard.
- Creativity is great, but plagiarism is faster!
- Smile, everyone loves a moron. :-)

 Check outnew cars at Yahoo! Autos.