Re: DBA flatfile mode

See if there is a optimize, clean. vacuum or refresh command.  Most DBs have them by whatever name.

Maybe SQLite would be an alternate choice.

Ultraband wrote:
Hello,

I'm using PHP's dba flatfile mode to maintain a flatfile database with a few
records. It works good, but I was wondering about how it works. I notice
that after deleting a record, only what I take to be the key part of the
record is removed (the dba_* functions now longer read this record although
it remains in the flatfile), also when I update a record the key part of the
record is removed, and another record is added with a new key.

Is this how the flatfile mode is supposed to work? Is there somewhere I can
find a little more on the inner-workings of this? It seems like it could be
relatively easy to debug if it became corrupted (as it is a textfile).

Thanks in advance,
Fidel