Re: PhpMyAdmin slow on windows but fast on linux

Don Don wrote:

> Hi all how can i make my phpmyadmin run fast on windows ?  I installed
> phpmyadmin on a linux and windows machines, but the windows version runs
> (executes) too slow, i.e. it takes to long for a page to be loaded, while
> it take less that 3 secs for the linux version.  Both however run on the
> same system config.

Linux tries using sockets by default if (mysql)host='localhost',
that's almost twice as fast as host='127.0.0.1' (using a tcp connection).
On a win box you need "enable-named-pipe" in your my.cnf
and connect using host='.' for connecting not using tcp.
"skip-name-resolve" can speed up things a bit as well.

For finding the bottleneck you can try and connect the
linux mysqld from your script on the win webserver
and vice versa (using tcp of course).