Re: CSS vs. Tables OT

That, and the big OT at the end means Off-Topic... So if you don't want to get OT, just hit delete. ;)

tedd wrote:
At 8:59 AM +1200 4/19/07, Bruce Cowin wrote:
Now can we please close this thread!  There are better forums to discuss
this - it has nothing to do with PHP!!

Lori

Lori:

True, it has nothing to do with php programming other than compliance, accessibility, data gathering and data presentation.

If php lived in a vacuum where computation was all there was, then that would not be a concern. However, we use other languages to grab our input and present our findings. IMO, to be "well rounded" we have to understand other languages such as html, xml, mysql, css, javascript and even ajax. These languages have both good and bad practices and carry with them responsibilities to our clients and adherence to standards and compliance issues. It's more than just pounding code.

I think it's good that we discuss these things because it brings about an understanding and appreciation of issues where our actions may have far reaching influence on important matters of which we may not be aware. Knowledge carries with it responsibility.

Cheers,

tedd