Re: CSS vs. Tables OT

On Tue, April 17, 2007 8:14 pm, Robert Cummings wrote:
> ... CSS is only
> semi-forward compatible.

Actually, that remains to be seen, really...

And given Microsoft behaviour in the past, I'm not real sanguine about
the future of CSS compatibility...

I think it's already at the point where CSS is *usually* the better
answer.

But I don't think we're going to reach that Utopia where IE and FF
actually follow the standards in the same ways well enough to get out
of this CSS hack nightmare.

And I don't see the CSS spec author folks really addressing some
fundamental problems that real-world designers need addressed so they
can get the layouts they want.

Whether they *ought* to want those layouts, or whether they are good
layouts for websites is arguable, but there it is... The CSS folks
don't seem to be addressing the needs of their Designer user-base,
afaics...

I'm hoping "some day" (soon) this will all be worked out all nicey-nice.

But I ain't holding my breath.

--
Some people have a "gift" link here.
Know what I want?