RE: PHP excel capability

2007. 04. 18, szerda keltezéssel 12.25-kor tg-php@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
ezt írta:
> Or, even better and more useful:
>
> http://pear.php.net/package/Spreadsheet_Excel_Writer
>
> It's not perfect, but it does the basic job.
>
> Also, if you output an HTML table and set the content type in your header to an Excel content type, it should ask the client PC to open the page in Excel (assuming they have it installed).  This works for a real quick and dirty export-to-excel type thing.   Then PHP isn't really creating an Excel file, but presenting the data in a format that Excel on the client PC can read.

I usually achieve this by writing the data into a csv file and
redirecting to that file with header() calls. csv is by default opened
in excel on winsuxx systems, so it works for me - although the OP wants
macros and stuff like that which can not be included in a csv file or a
html table...

> Or you can use COM as Jay recommended, but that requires Excel to be installed on the PC that's running PHP and can get a little ugly.

really? I thought it requires only winsuxx to be installed...

greets
Zoltán Németh