Re: CSS vs. Tables OT

Wolf wrote:
OK, so I like sticking my nose in sometimes...

Accessibility Standards and being bobby approved.

http://webxact2.watchfire.com/report.asp?t=2#priority3
on
http://lonewolf.homelinux.net/

Is just about as good as http://www.csszengarden.com

Just the same 1 error

:)

Just FYI...

Just because a page passes bobby is no indication of whether the page is actually accessible or not. It's a good starting point, but not the final word.

I know this from working with a consulting team (actually a state advocacy group) on a state website. The team was made up of visually impaired as well as physically impaired persons and not just a bunch of consultants looking to make a quick buck. It was a real eye- opening experience, no pun intended, and made me realize that accessibility is more than just a set of PITA regulations. And more than just about visual impairments.

Accessibility also extends into the area of devices. Can I easily use that site on my PDA? On an ancient library computer? On a phone? On a refrigerator any more... :P

The only way to tell if a site is truly accessible is to have it analyzed by humans.

Ed