Re: Uploading: Safari=happy, IE7/Firefox=unhappy

On Tue, April 17, 2007 4:43 pm, Brian Dunning wrote:
> I got everything configured on my server and uploads working great,
> max_input_time=3600, upload_max_filesize=30M, post_max_size=30M, and
> anything I upload up to 30M works great on Safari. IE7 and Firefox
> choke, returning broser-generated "page not found, connection reset"
> if the file is bigger than a couple megs. Any suggestions on how to
> make IE7 & Safari behave as nicely as Safari with large files?

If your server is not accepting bytes "fast enough" in the upload, the
browser will assume it has "gone away"

This is one possible cause of the error you see.

Getting more bandwidth on your server is the only solution to that one.

It's also possible that the ENCTYPE in your FORM "works" on one
browser, but not another.  Use the one documented in the PHP Manual --
Any other ENCTYPE you decided was "better" is at your own risk. :-)

You may also want to dig into the upload from the server side of
things and see what's going on, especially if it fails with a "couple"
meg files...  That's not that big, so it should just work.

With 30 Meg files, you'd probably be better off giving users FTP or
something -- You're going to have a lot of "issues" with the
after-thought HTTP file upload feature, I suspect...

--
Some people have a "gift" link here.
Know what I want?