Re: Re: WYSIWYG vs. the 'power-user'

On Fri, April 13, 2007 7:29 pm, Børge Holen wrote:
> On Thursday 12 April 2007 18:18, Chetan Graham wrote:
>> To set the record straight for both camps, in the web apps that come
>> to me
>> I simply do the PHP, javascript, etc.  The files come to me already
>> PhotoShopped and Dreamweavvvved.
>
> Yup,,, just filling in the blanks where its needed.
>>
>> I tell them the fields I need, giving them a general pencil sketch
>> of the
>> login or edit page, etc. as I see it.
>
> And they better put up som color codes while at it.

Or, go whole hog, and let the client change their background color in
the DB any time they like, and generate the curvy image borders on the
fly with GD.

I did that once when a client wanted me to change their color scheme
every few weeks. :-)

It wasn't a particularly tricky site, nor super pretty, but it did
work for them well enough for awhile.

It got re-designed and I quit working for them somewhere in the
process, as they kept changing even more fundamental things like
Feature-Set more or less at random based on whomever they had talked
to most recently...

--
Some people have a "gift" link here.
Know what I want?