Re: Dreamhost! PHP as CGI!???

Micky Hulse wrote:

I think I just read that PHP is ran as CGI on Dreamhost... this does not sound good. Can anyone confirm?

If you've got access to your account with them, you can confirm it yourself. Check the output of a phpinfo().

What do you all think? Good? Bad?

Not *that* terrible at all, but if you've only been with Dreamhost for a few days you've got far worse things to experience yet IMHO (shoddy uptime, shoddy servers, shoddy network, etc)

Should I stick with it or find a host that runs PHP under Apache?

www.pair.com runs PHP 4 as an Apache Module, and are a superb host (I've used them since 1996) - but even better in the next few weeks they rollout PHP 5.2.1 as standard on all servers. Can't wait :)

Cheers,

Rich
--
Zend Certified Engineer
http://www.corephp.co.uk

"Never trust a computer you can't throw out of a window"