Re: PHP editor

> On Apr 11, 2007, at 9:17 AM, Jochem Maas wrote:
>
>> Jonathan Kahan wrote:
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> I beleive this is in the realm of php (I have learned my lesson from
>>> last time). Does anyone have recomendation for any free (I.E.
>>> permanently free not 30 day trial) of a good php editor. The ones
>>> i am
>>> seeing all only allow usage for a limited time.
>>
>> STFA, STFW, notepad, textpad, whateverpad.
>>
>> look what I find after googling for 5 seconds:
>> 	http://www.php-editors.com/review/
>>
>> *you* have to decide if you like an editor, nobody else can do it
>> for you.
>>
>> this topic comes almost weekly and it's rather boring - go search
>> and find *lots* of totally abitrary, rose-tinted opinions about what
>> the best freaking editor is.
>
> Obviously some people think this is NOT "in the realm of php."
> Nonetheless, I think it's a relevant question and others have
> answered it well. It's up to you to decide which suits you best...
> and Google, can probably help you with that.
>
> For Mac (my main platform), I use TextMate, but it's not free.
> For PC, I use Crimson Editor, and it is free.
>
> Hope that helps.
>
> ~Philip
>

>>> Kind Regards
>>> Jonathan Kahan
>>> Systems Developer
>>> Estrin Technologies, inc.
>>> 1375 Broadway, 3rd Floor, New York, NY, 10018

On both Win and Linux I use Zend Studio. Not free but it's worth every cent.
Before I used HomeSite. Great tool too.
If you use Linux Quanta+ is great tool too.
Download EVERY editor you think and try it. What I like doesn't mean it's
ok with you. Try even not free editors - it's worth testing, and you will
find what do you really want from an editor.

-afan