Re: PHP editor

On Apr 11, 2007, at 9:17 AM, Jochem Maas wrote:

Jonathan Kahan wrote:
Hi all,

I beleive this is in the realm of php (I have learned my lesson from
last time). Does anyone have recomendation for any free (I.E.
permanently free not 30 day trial) of a good php editor. The ones i am
seeing all only allow usage for a limited time.

STFA, STFW, notepad, textpad, whateverpad.

look what I find after googling for 5 seconds:
	http://www.php-editors.com/review/

*you* have to decide if you like an editor, nobody else can do it for you.

this topic comes almost weekly and it's rather boring - go search
and find *lots* of totally abitrary, rose-tinted opinions about what
the best freaking editor is.

Obviously some people think this is NOT "in the realm of php." Nonetheless, I think it's a relevant question and others have answered it well. It's up to you to decide which suits you best... and Google, can probably help you with that.

For Mac (my main platform), I use TextMate, but it's not free.
For PC, I use Crimson Editor, and it is free.

Hope that helps.

~Philip

Kind Regards
Jonathan Kahan
Systems Developer
Estrin Technologies, inc.
1375 Broadway, 3rd Floor, New York, NY, 10018