Re: MD5 & bot Question

At 6:33 PM +0200 4/8/07, Tijnema ! wrote:
On 4/8/07, tedd <tedd@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Remember, I could also use a jpeg file and have millions of colors to
chose from. Unless, there is something here that I don't understand
(which very well could be), I can't see how anyone, without massive
computer resources, could break that.

Am I wrong?

Maybe... What about OCR programs? they can read letters from images,
if you could transfrom that to an program that could read arrows
instead of characters. then you probably could crack it, also if you
store random pixels in it. And that doesn't use massive computer
resources :)

Yes, I was excluding that -- I was dealing only with MD5 solutions.

Of course, OCR-like programs can decipher and interpret an arrow. It would not be too hard to find the center of the square and then determine in which one of eight zones the majority of contrasting pixels were. I did similar stuff many years ago detecting movement by comparing frames to see what was areas in a frame were changing and then direct stepping motors to control the camera. Neat stuff.

Cheers,

tedd
--
-------