Re: MD5 & bot Question

On 4/7/07, tedd <tedd@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
At 11:56 PM +0100 4/6/07, Tijnema ! wrote:
>On 4/6/07, tedd <tedd@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>At 2:55 PM +0100 4/6/07, Tijnema ! wrote:
>>>I know, but animated gifs are still quite easy to read with a bot.
>>
>>Really?
>>
>>What if I a created a box surrounded by letters, like so:
>>
>>A B C
>>D E F
>>G H I
>>
>>However, where "E" is located I have a gif (animated or not) pointing
>>to a letter, which would be the key. How would a bot read that?
>>
>>Cheers,
>>
>>tedd
>
>Assuming you're using the same arrow the whole time, you could use md5
>check for example. Save MD5 for all directions of the arrow and
>compare :)

Tijnema:

Okay, here's an example:

http://sperling.com/a/arrows/

How would someone MD5 that?

Furthermore, how would a bot decipher anything different from that?
 From my perspective, no matter which way the arrow is pointing, the
code remains the same. The only thing that changes is the arrow and a
screen reader would have to be programmed to recognize the change --
am I wrong?

Cheers,

tedd

Well, I cracked it for you :)

http://86.86.80.41/dev/debug/tedd.php

At the bottom it shows you the MD5 code of your arrow image, and it
shows you which way it points to :)

If you're interested in the code:

http://86.86.80.41/dev/debug/tedd.txt

Tijnema