Re: keeping credit card info in session

unless you are a payment gateway or a bank don't touch credit card numbers.
there are plenty of threads in the archive of this list that give good reasons
not to e.g. being sued out of existence.

get a payment provider and let them handle the transaction automatically,
the site admin could be given a system whereby he/she can fire off email to
customers that give them a url to (and instruct them to) complete a
payment at your choose payment provider if a manual check needs to occur
before a payment is initiated.

storing CC numbers on your machine is rather like walking around carrying
hot coals ... sooner or later you will be burned.