Mail function

Hi,

  I am working on a program to create a registration feature through a email notificaiton much like this list. For functional use but also for personal training.

  However, I can't seem to pass the variable into the mail function() ? If I echo the variable it displays it so it must be passing the variable down. If I enter in a fixed and workable email address where $email is then it works as well. So I am a little confused to this problem. I have other programs where I do this but I place the mail function within a new function(). However, when I do that it just barks back at me. Contacted my Hosting company they are investigating.

  Thanks in advance for your help...

  Here is the code..

  echo "$email";
   echo "Thanks for registering!  <----- It does echo it.
   You will recieve an email shortly containing your validation code,
   and a link to activate your account!";

       mail($email, "New Registration, www.sitename.com", "
    Thanks for registering on SITE NAME.
    Here are your login details:

    Username: ".$username."
    Password: ".$password."

    In order to login and gain full access, you must validate your account.

    Click here to validate:

    http://www.sitename.com/login/register.php?action=activate&user=".$username."&code=".$activation_code.";

    Thanks!

    [Webmaster]
    ");

  I got the code from www.avengingsorrow.com to see all the code.

  Sorry about the HTML email. I am new to the list (first post) and I don't believe you can turn off HTML email in Yahoo.

  Thanks again in advance

  Zhimmy