Re: Cannot remove PHP Version 5.2.1-0.dotdeb.1

On 4/4/07, Mario Guenterberg <mg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Tue, Apr 03, 2007 at 08:56:12PM -0300, Miles Thompson wrote:
> Mario,
>
> Boy it's been a long day - it seems that every item I had in by
configure
> batch had to be installed; then at the very end of the day it finally
got to
> the --with-mysql. Had quite a scramble tryingto find the correct dev
> environment, then finally I was down to to two warning errors, one
of  which
> was for sqlite.
>
> Tried a make, but it wouldn't go, so I ran configure again, explicitly
> stating with no sqlite.
>
> Tried make again and it completed.
>
> Ran checkinstall and it packaged the puppy, installed it and signed off
with
> a pleasant note on how to uninstall if necessary.
>
> Tomorrow we'll see how it  works, and I hope I did not clobber mysql as
part
> of this.
>
> There's an incompatibility between bzip2 and prefork-apache2-dev (or
> something like that). Running one clobbers the other, so since I needed
> apxs2 more than bzip2, that was dropped from the configuration.
>
> If you're interested I'll post another update tomorrow.

Hi Miles,

can you post your ./configure options.
apache2-prefork-dev is the right devel package and in my environment
that works fine with bzip2 and sqlite. Have you installed the
libsqlite0-dev and libsqlite3-dev packages and the libbz2-dev
package?

I've written a little install shellscript for my own use.

Greetings
Mario

--
<sig snipped>

Mario,

The contents of my configuration file are included below. I''m checking for
the packages you mentioned and will add them. I'm feeling a lot more
confident, having achieved a successful make and install - this is not
something I do every day.

Appreciate your advice - Miles

#! /bin/sh
./configure --prefix=/usr/share --datadir=/usr/share/php \
--bindir=/usr/bin \
--with-apxs2=/usr/bin/apxs2 \
--with-mysql=/usr/include/mysql  \
--with-mysqli \
--without-sqlite \
--without-pdo-sqlite \
--with-gd --enable-gd-imgstrttf --enable-gd-native-ttf \
--with-zlib-dir=/usr/lib \
--with-png-dir=/usr/lib --with-jpeg-dir=/usr/lib \
--with-tiff-dir=/usr/lib --with-ttf-dir=/usr/lib \
--with-freetype-dir=/usr/lib \
--enable-ftp \
--enable-memory-limit \
--enable-safe-mode \