Re: Saving css state in javascript and passing to php via form submit

On Fri, March 30, 2007 12:13 pm, Juergen Wind wrote:
> Tijnema ! wrote:
>>
>> You can use session within javascript too i believe.
>>
> no, sessions are completely serverside, but you can use js to pass
> variables
> using the query string when sending a xmlHttpRequest.

[pedantic]
Actually, the cookie for a session, if it's using cookies and not
trans_sid, lives on the client, and can (I think) be affected in JS.

One can even store up to 4K of session data *in* the cookie,
sufficiently encrypted with a 2-way encryption with the private key
server-side, and achieve server-neutrality in a server farm, if one is
so inclined.

So it's POSSIBLE for one to architect a system wherein the session all
lives on the client.

If you're willing to expose your entire inner workings of your
application (e.g., it's Open Source anyway, or there's just nothing
worth hiding in the first place) you wouldn't NEED to encrypt the
data.

None of this would be useful in the context of this particular thread.
[/pedantic]

--
Some people have a "gift" link here.
Know what I want?