Re: Gnome and MIME types

Nathan Ziarek wrote:
Hmmm. This may have nothing to do with it, but, running a command I
know doesn't exist (say "hghswks") at the command line tells me
"-bash: hghswks: command not found"

When I run that same command through exec(), I get nothing back.

The plot thinkens?
The return value to exec is the last line of the command's output. The error message you get at the command line is from bash, not from the bogus command. You can pass in a final parameter and get the status but it won't tell you much from a bogus command.