From: Javier Ruiz [mailto:jruizmail@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Wednesday, March 28, 2007 8:21 PM
To: php-general@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject:  PDO mssql + multiple rowsets

Hi!

I want to use PDO in my apps for connecting to several RDBSs, one of
them, sql server 2000 and 2005. I tried to use as DSN something like
"mssql:..."
(as I've seen in the php manual pages) but I get a PDOException with the
message "Unable to open PDO connection [wrapped: could not find
driver]". I can work well with the mssql built-in functions (like
mssql_connect, mssql_query and so on...) and even I can almost work
perfectly using in my dsn "dblib:...".
So first question: is the PDO's driver "mssql" deprecated or is it me
doing something wrong in the PHP installation?
BTW, I use php-5.2.1

In case that the answer to the first question is that "mssql" is no more
used as a PDO driver, I have a problem... I have stored procedures in
sql server that return multiple rowsets, I've seen that PDO offers
functionability to manage this, but not for the dblib driver... if I try
to use the $stmt->nextRowSet() method, I get an exception like "Driver
does not support this function: driver does not support multiple
rowsets"
What can I do then to work with my stored procs?

Thanks in advance