Re: Firefox Extension (Firefox 2.x.x.x)

Daniel Brown wrote:
   If you're like me, you spend your fair share of time going to the PHP
website to check specs, changes, or even to refresh your brain with PHP's
functions.  So today I threw together a simple plugin for Firefox 2 that
will let you type in the name of the function and be brought right to the
function page.  Or, if you mistype it, it will provide suggestions.

   How does it work so awesome?  Because it uses the PHP search engine and
Mozilla's OSD.  All I did was whip it together as a plugin.

   Download and installation instructions: http://isawit.com/php_search.php

   Hope it saves everyone a microsecond or two.  We now return you to your
regularly-scheduled, SPAM-filled inbox.

Since you mention FF, I will just add that this is possible without using an extension.
And a plus, is that it is compatible with pre FF 2.x.  Not all, but most versions.

Open your bookmarks manager

In the 'Quick Searches' folder create a new bookmark.

In FF 2.x you don't have a 'Quick Searches' folder (at least I didn't on a fresh install), don't worry. It will work from any folder.

Just better to be a little more organized.

Enter the following information: (the key is the 'keyword' field)

	Name: PHP.net
	Location: http://www.php.net/%s
	Keyword: php

Press 'Ok'

Close your bookmarks manager

Now, open a new tab, enter 'php date'

This should redirect you to the php.net website and display you your results.

--
Enjoy,

Jim Lucas

Different eyes see different things. Different hearts beat on different strings. But there are times for you and me when all such things agree.

- Rush