Re: Zend Guard Performance Problem

On 3/28/07, Sancar Saran <sancar.saran@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Wednesday 28 March 2007 11:36, Chris wrote:
> Sancar Saran wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Recently we bought Zend Guard and because of Zend encoder we have to use
> > another Opcode cacher other than APC.
> >
> > After searching net I found eAccelerator.
> >
> > After installing eAccelerator with Zend Guard I saw more than %30 percent
> > performance lost against Normal PHP + APC.
>
> Wouldn't it be better to talk to Zend directly about this? Since you've
> purchased their software they give you support and are pretty helpful.

Really ???,

Owww how can I miss this....

Maybe you did not notice they sell own Expensive opcode cache...

If I understand your point of view, I can guess  your reply. "If you had rich
enogh to buy a encoder, you can buy that zend cache".

If you have a performance drop of that much something is going wrong
with the interaction between zend & apc.

Two sets of people can solve this:

- zend
- apc.

Zend is the obvious choice because they have access to their source code.

Plus you paid for their software - which includes support.

They might just go "Option X in APC doesn't work well with Zend Guard
- change this setting"

Or they might go "Hey, that's really crap, no idea what's going on
there - give us access to your server or send us a backtrace"

Or they might say something else.

You don't know until you ask.
--
Postgresql & php tutorials