Re: PHP Session variable

Em Terça 27 Março 2007 11:17, Chris Carter escreveu:
> Hi,
>
> I have retrieved 4 values from database. Out of which 3 are displayed on
> the same page and one variable, which is email address, needs to be carried
> to the next page through a hyper link, the next page is actually a web
> form. I can do this by either transferring that variable through query
> string or through session.
>
> Now the next page which is a web form is connected to a file that sends
> email using php email functionality.
>
> The problem I am having is just sending this $email variable from page one
> to the web form. Once it reaches the web form, I need to again pass it to
> the file that has php email functionality. How to send the variable across
> these pages.
>
> I tried:
> On Page 1:
>
> <?
> $query="SELECT val1, val2, val3, email FROM table WHERE no= '$no'";
>
> $result=mysql_query($query);
> $num=mysql_numrows($result);
>
> mysql_close();
> $1=mysql_result($result,$i,"1");
> $2=mysql_result($result,$i,"2");
> $3=mysql_result($result,$i,"3");
> $email=mysql_result($result,$i,"email");
> session_start();
> session_register ("tamma");
> $HTTP_SESSION_VARS ["tamma"] = $email;
> ?>
>

> On the webform:
>
> <?
> 	$HTTP_SESSION_VARS ["email"] = $email;
>
> ?>
>

> on the php email page it's like this:
>
> <?
>   $name = $_REQUEST['name'] ;
>   $emailid = $_REQUEST['emailid'] ;
>   $subject = $_REQUEST['subject'] ;
>   $message = $_REQUEST['message'] ;
>   $email = $_REQUEST['email'] ;
>
>   mail( $email, $name, $message, "From: $emailid" );
>   header( "Location: thankYouContact.php" );
> ?>
>

> Please advice a work around for this if I am doing it wrong. I know I am.
>
> Chris
> --

I would try $_SESSION, $_GET and $_POST instead $_HTTP_SESSION_VARS and
$_REQUEST...

best regards,

--
Davi Vidal
davividal@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Agora com fortune:
"A young girl once committed suicide because her mother refused her a new
bonnet.  Coroner's verdict: "Death from excessive spunk."
		-- Sacramento Daily Union, September 13, 1860"