Re: Add New Records Only!

I have no idea what DBF is, but if the data is already in MySQL with
duplicates, you'll need to take everything I just said, and
"translate" it to DBF.

If it cannot be translated to DBF because DBF has no unique indeces,
you could, perhaps, create a TEMP table in MySQL, with the unique
index, insert rows one by one, and silently ignore the ones that fail
to insert.

Then export the temp table to DBF.

On Mon, March 26, 2007 3:19 pm, Rahul Sitaram Johari wrote:

> I'm exporting the data from mySQL table(s) into a dbase DBF table. The
> unique index you're talking about should be in the DBF end, if I'm not
> mistaken - but I'm not sure how to do that, and if that will help
> mySQL to
> get that error and fail the second insert.
>
> Unless I'm not getting this right.

>>> Could you possibly elaborate on this?
>>> Things I'm trying are still not working out the way or want to, or
>>> efficiently. So still looking for a solution.
>>
>> create unique index no_duplicates on whatever(field1, field2,
>> field3);
>>
>> $query = "insert into whatever (field1, field2, field3)
>> values('$field1_sql', '$field2_sql', '$field3_sql')";
>> $insert = mysql_query($query, $connection);
>> if (!$insert && mysql_errno($connection) == 1062){
>>   //this is a duplicate insert that failed. do whatever you want
>> here
>> }
>> elseif (!$insert){
>>   //something else went wrong with the insert.
>>   //provide usual debugging error handling here
>> }
>> else{
>>   //everything went fine here
>> }