Re: Performance: While or For loop

On 3/24/07, Richard Lynch <ceo@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Fri, March 23, 2007 7:54 pm, Tijnema ! wrote:
> On 3/24/07, Richard Lynch <ceo@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Folks:
>>
>> How often do you use a loop of any kind in PHP with enough
>> iterations
>> that this is even significant?
>>
>> Write the code that makes sense.
>>
>> Optimize the biggest bottleneck until performance is acceptable.
>
> It was more likely to get an idea if there was a real difference or
> not, and apparently there is not really a big difference.
>
> But well if you are going to create a script where 1000+ loops are,
> you might get a few seconds faster script :)

I believe we are seeing times for 10000000 iterations around 4 seconds?

Or was it 26 seconds?

Whatever.

That means that at 1000 iterations, you are "saving" how much time?

.00026 seconds?
.00004 seconds?

Puhleaze.

Well, if you execute this script 1000 times, you would get a
difference of 2.6 seconds?
But if every microseconds counts for your script, then you should now
about this.

Tijnema

--
Some people have a "gift" link here.