Add New Records Only!

Ave,

Let me explain what I¹m trying to do. Unfortunately it¹s not a very simple
Add/Update transaction.
Basically I gather records from multiple mySQL tables and add them to a DBF
(dbase) database.  I wrote a code which was able to accomplish this without
any problems and the add_records goes very smooth.

However, I have to modify this program now so that only ³New² records, i.e.,
records that have not yet been transferred, are added into the DBF. In other
words, any records that are being added, which already exist in the DBF,
should not be added.

If it were just adding records from one mySQL to another mySQL, I could
easily use INSERT IGNORE or the Unique Key fundamental ­ however, since I¹m
adding from multiple mySQL tables into DBF, I¹m not sure how to go about
doing this.

Here¹s my code that takes records from multiple mySQL tables and adds them
to a DBF.

// define the array with mySQL Table Names & Identifier
    $tChoice = array(
       "lodispo" => "VB",
       "lodispo_osma" => "ATL",
       "lodispo_osmh" => "HOU",
       "lodispo_osmn" => "NSV",
       "lodispo_osmp" => "PAA",
       "lodispo_osmj" => "JAX",
       "lodispo_osmt" => "TPA",
       "lodispo_dmam" => "MET",
       "lodispo_osmf" => "FTM",
       "lodispo_hfglend" => "GLEND",
          "lodispo_hfmesa" => "MESA",
          "lodispo_hfphenx" => "PHENX",
    );

    // open DBF in read-write mode
    $db2 = dbase_open($theDBFfile, 2);
    if (!$db2) {
      echo "<BR><BR><STRONG>Fatal Error:</STRONG> Unable to open
database<BR><BR>";
      exit;
    }

    else {

            // Let's Run Array Loops!
            foreach ($tChoice as $tblQ => $bxQ) {

            // connect to mySQL tables one by one
            mysql_select_db($database_imslead_transfer, $imslead_transfer);
            $query_loDispo = "SELECT * FROM $tblQ";
            $loDispo = mysql_query($query_loDispo, $imslead_transfer) or
die(mysql_error());
            $row_loDispo = mysql_fetch_assoc($loDispo);
            $totalRows_loDispo = mysql_num_rows($loDispo);

            // write mySql data to Dbf
            do {
                 dbase_add_record($db2, array(
                     $row_loDispo['phone'],
                     $row_loDispo['comments'],
                     $row_loDispo['starttime'],
                     $row_loDispo['endtime'],
                     $row_loDispo['dispo'],
                     $row_loDispo['loanofficer'],
                     $row_loDispo['verifier'],
                     $bxQ));
                 } while ($row_loDispo = mysql_fetch_assoc($loDispo));
            }

    dbase_close($db2);
    }

Any suggestions would be highly appreciated.

Thanks,

Rahul Sitaram Johari
CEO, Twenty Four Seventy Nine Inc.

W: http://www.rahulsjohari.com
E: sleepwalker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

³I morti non sono piu soli ... The dead are no longer lonely²