Re: close session when browser is closed

Juergen Wind wrote:

>Travis Doherty wrote:
>

>>By default the session cookie expires when the browseris closed.
>>

>this is not always true: f.e. FF requires *all* open windows to be closed to
>forget that session.

Personally I think this does make sense.  I fully expect the browser to
maintain cookies "Until it is closed" -- If I have closed one tab that
had set a cookie, re-opening that URL in a new window/tab should still
cause the browser to send in my cookie.

>>If the browser refuses the cookie, sessions won't work anyway.
>>

>again: this is not always true. Only if  "session.use_only_cookies = 1"
>otherwise the session id can alternatively propagate using the query string
>or hidden input fields.
>(if "session.use_trans_sid = 1")

That is correct - as I mentioned "(unless its in the URL...)" ... It's
kind of weird to pass sessions through URLs though, I prefer clean,
simple URLs such as www.example.com/resource/topic.html, instead of
something like
www.example.com/?x=resource&y=1113&this=44&PHPSESSID=123124124124124&bookmarkable=not_really

Travis