Re: Permissions issue on share

On 3/22/07, Rahul Sitaram Johari <sleepwalker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Ave,

"Or make sure the user apache runs on has write access to the share."

That's the problem I'm facing. I'm not sure how to do that. If I'm not
mistaken, Apache runs as user "nobody" on my Mac, but I don't know how to
give that user write access on the Windows Machine.

Yes, it is quite complicated :(

I believe this has nothing to do with your windows machine, but with
the mount on your Mac. I'm not very familiar with Mac OS X (Although i
have installed it) I know it's based on a linux kernel, and uses same
mount tools. I think a simple chmod 777 to the mount folder would do
the job.
so if you have it mounted at /Share
chmod 777 /Share
I believe that windows mounts everything with chmod value 777, so that
shouldn't be a problem.

Tijnema