Re: MYSQLyog

I will look at Jim's suggestion. I tried the % and it still failed. FYI-I have seen posts here much less related to PHP than my own without such responses. And yes in my mind this is part of PHP in that PHP interacts with MYSQL and thus this has a bearing on my ability to write PHP programs in the future. I have already written a few PHP programs without using the mysql functions which yes are a part of PHP. This is an email support group-I am not attempting a masters thesis here. ----- Original Message ----- From: "Jochem Maas" <jochem@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "Stut" <stuttle@xxxxxxxxx>
Cc: "Jonathan Kahan" <jonathan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>; <php-general@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, March 20, 2007 11:58 AM
Subject: Re:  MYSQLyog

Stut wrote:
Jonathan Kahan wrote:
As part of PHP, I have downloaded a windows program called SQLyog which
  ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ -> Yeah, but it's not really is it?!!
is supposed to a free web program I can use to run against MYSQL
located in a remote Linux server. My problem is that I can not seem to
connect to it. I am attempting to use a SQL account I created. I typed
in the below commands of course the passwords here are fake.

GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON *.* TO 'jonkah'@'localhost' IDENTIFIED BY
'newpassword1' WITH GRANT OPTION;
GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON *.* TO
'jonkah'@'ip-208-109-85-170.ip.secureserver.net' IDENTIFIED BY
'newpassword2' WITH GRANT OPTION;
GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON *.* TO 'jonkah'@'*' IDENTIFIED BY
'newpassword2' WITH GRANT OPTION;

Locally using putty I was able to successfully use the 1st of these
accounts. I am unable to connect remotely using SQLyog. We use SSH,
and I attempted to do this with my firewalls turned off-still did not
work. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

The wildcard for the hostname is not * it's %.

-Stut

your being friendly today Stut, wassup with that ;-)