Re: MYSQLyog

Jonathan Kahan wrote:
Hi all,

As part of PHP, I have downloaded a windows program called SQLyog which is supposed to a free web program I can use to run against MYSQL located in a remote Linux server. My problem is that I can not seem to connect to it. I am attempting to use a SQL account I created. I typed in the below commands of course the passwords here are fake.

GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON *.* TO 'jonkah'@'localhost' IDENTIFIED BY 'newpassword1' WITH GRANT OPTION; GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON *.* TO 'jonkah'@'ip-208-109-85-170.ip.secureserver.net' IDENTIFIED BY 'newpassword2' WITH GRANT OPTION; GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON *.* TO 'jonkah'@'*' IDENTIFIED BY 'newpassword2' WITH GRANT OPTION;

Locally using putty I was able to successfully use the 1st of these accounts. I am unable to connect remotely using SQLyog. We use SSH, and I attempted to do this with my firewalls turned off-still did not work. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Kind Regards
Jonathan Kahan
Systems Developer
Estrin Technologies, inc.
1375 Broadway, 3rd Floor, New York, NY, 10018
Email: jonathan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Web: http://www.estrintech.com
do a tcpdump on your linux box while trying to connect to see if you are even getting to the machine.

Could be that your ISP is blocking your inbound connections to port 3306

Just a thought.

--
Enjoy,

Jim Lucas

Different eyes see different things. Different hearts beat on different strings. But there are times for you and me when all such things agree.

- Rush