Re: install problems

On Mar 19, 2007, at 5:58 PM, Chris wrote:

jekillen wrote:
On Mar 18, 2007, at 10:54 PM, Chris wrote:
jekillen wrote:
Hello;
Well, this one I cannot seem to figure out:
I installed Apache 1.3.37 with
./configure --enable-module=so --enable-module=rewrite --enable-shared=max
Then tried to install
php 5.2.1 --with-apxs=/usr/local/apache/bin etc etc
libphp5.so is no where to be found. It sure is not
in apache/libexec

Did you run 'make' ?

Running configure doesn't create this file, 'make' does.

A rather obvious question but I couldn't see whether you ran it or not.

Yes, I did, an oversight on my part not to mention it.

Just wanted to check :)

After 'make' you should have a libs/libphp5.a and/or libs/libphp5.so

No need to do the 'make install' step if those files don't get created (depending on your configure options you may only get one of them, but there should be something created there).

If you're not getting them at all, does 'make' finish properly - ie do you get:

Build complete.
(It is safe to ignore warnings about tempnam and tmpnam).

as the last two lines?

Yes
I rm'd everything related to php and went and got a copy of php 5.1.2 and tried that with the same
list of ./configure options read into ./configure from a file:
--with-apxs=/usr/local/sbin/apxs \
--with-openssl \
--with-zlib \
--enable-bcmath \
--with-gd \
--with-jpeg-dir \
--with-freetype-dir \
--with-ttf \
--enable-gd-native-ttf \
--with-mcrypt \
--with-mysql \
--with-mysql-sock \
--without-sqlite \
--with-regex=php
and the same thing happened.
It should be in /usr/local/libexec with all the other Apache modules, right?
find found nada.
I have done this twice before on FreeBSD v6.0 with out this trauma.
I subscribed to the install list to see what someone might have to say there.
Jeff K