RE: Running PHP on a windows server-your views

> problems/security
> issues running a

> functionality

> > From my experience, it seems many more people in the web
> community run PHP
> > under Linux than Windows. Therefore, if, no, when you get stuck with
> > something, the chances of you finding the answer quickly would be much
> > higher with Linux.
> >
> > Edward
> >
> That's not totally true, as PHP doesn't differ a lot if running on
> linux/windows. And even users that run PHP on linux know sometimes
> answers for people running PHP on windows...
>
> Tijnema.

You're right, PHP scripting doesn't differ that much between operating
systems and the few inconsistencies are generally known from both sides.

>From my interpretation of the OP though, the question is not so much about
PHP coding but rather the web server setup. I think that there is generally
more support on the web for running web servers on Linux than Windows, and
this is especially true when using PHP.

Edward