Re: FW: looking for two remote functions

At 4:18 PM +0100 3/13/07, Tijnema ! wrote:

I'm not sure if it's the size you were looking for, but keep in mind that it
depends on the block size. So different filesystems use different block
size.

Tijnema

Yes and in addition, regardless of the "absolute" file size, the file still has to be stored somewhere and be subject to whatever hard disk schemes that storage device uses. So, the reported size will vary regardless of where you store it. The only place where I see that term as being relevant is in data transmission where the "absolute" file size might mean something.

tedd

--
-------