Re: FW: looking for two remote functions

Can you maybe explain why you want the exact size on the disk in blocks??
do you care if it differs 1KB?? what are you planning to write, the actual
filesize on the disk can only differ 1 block with real filesize, and so if
the blocksize is 1024bytes, it differes a max of 1024bytes...

And btw, the size it takes on your server in blocks might be different then
the size it takes on the server's disk...

I'm not totally sure how a hdd works, but i know it is split up in blocks,
and so you need to know the blocksize on the partition you are going to
place the file, using different filesystems on 1 system can mean that a file
is bigger/smaller on the same system.

So the way to calculate the block filesize would be by getting the real
filesize, and then round it until $filesize%$blocksize == 0

So, in PHP code it would like this.
$blocksize = 1024; // Default on Ext2/3 i believe
$filesize = filesize("http://server.com/file.rar";);
while($filesize%$blocksize != 0)
{
$filesize += 1;
}

I'm not sure if it's the size you were looking for, but keep in mind that it
depends on the block size. So different filesystems use different block
size.

Tijnema