Re: Installing php and mysql on linux

http://www.die.net/doc/linux/man/man8/yum.8.html

I checked the above page on 'Yum" and see no up2date command as you point out. However when I tried update in the format suggested in the link, it still gives a command not found error.

"Brad Bonkoski" <bbonkoski@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:45F5B85B.5050302@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I think up2date is *not* up2date ;-)
Google for 'yum' and all its flags for usage...

-B

Jonathan Kahan wrote:
Hi all,

I am attempting to start the mysql rpm in Red hat as a first step prior to downloading and activating the php-mysql rpm. I was attempting to follow steps based on the link below. the php rpm is loaded and activated as I have been able to execute php scripts. When I attempt to follow those directions, I get the below errors. Does anyone know why I got the below errors or can help me through this process?

Thanks

http://kbase.redhat.com/faq/FAQ_39_3633.shtm

[root@ip-xxx-xxx-xx-xxx var]# rpm -q mysql-server
mysql-server-4.1.20-1.FC4.1
[root@ip-xxx-xxx-xx-xxx var]# rpm -q mysql
mysql-4.1.20-1.FC4.1
[root@ip-xxx-xxx-xx-xxx  var]# up2date mysql
bash: up2date: command not found
[root@ip-xxx-xxx-xx-xxx  var]# up2date mysql-server
bash: up2date: command not found
[root@ip-xxx-xxx-xx-xxx  var]# ./up2date mysql
bash: ./up2date: No such file or directory
[root@ip-xxx-xxx-xx-xxx var]# ./up2date mysql-server
bash: ./up2date: No such file or directory
[root@ip-xxx-xxx-xx-xxx  var]# ./up2date mysql
bash: ./up2date: No such file or directory
[root@ip-xxx-xxx-xx-xxx  var]#

Kind Regards
Jonathan Kahan

Systems Developer
Estrin Technologies, inc.
1375 Broadway, 3rd Floor, New York, NY, 10018
Email: jonathan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Web: http://www.estrintech.com
----- Original Message ----- From: "Brad Bonkoski" <bbonkoski@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>