Re: FW: looking for two remote functions

Tijnema ! wrote:

I'm not very familiar with PERL, so will this work with remote files?
As it seems that you are just reading from local hard drive...

Tijnema
It has to be on the machine from which the pages are being served. There have been several workable suggestions for different possibilities. I think it would help if you gave the context for this. Are these pages on your own web site? Are you downloading pages from third-party web sites using the browser? Are you using the command line to download pages from other servers?

Here is a script which will get the headers for any file you can download from the web:

<?php
$fp = fsockopen("www.example.org", 80, $errno, $errstr, 30);
if (!$fp) {
   echo "$errstr ($errno)<br />\n";