RE: FW: looking for two remote functions

2007. 03. 10, szombat keltezéssel 12.42-kor Riyadh S. Alshaeiq ezt írta:
> Actually if right click on any file or folder on a machine you will see that
> there are two values (Size on disk & Size). Files and folders are stored on
> the disk in what is called clusters (a group of disk sectors). Size on disk
> refers to the amount of cluster allocation a file is taking up, compared to
> file size which is an actual byte count.
>
> As I mentioned before what I want is a function for getting the result for
> the Size no for Size on Disk

okay then what about this?

function real_filesize_linux($file) {
       @exec("filesize $file",$out,$ret);
       if ( $ret <> '0' ) return FALSE;
       else return($out[0]);
}

if you want it on a remote machine, you should use something like
ssh2_exec() instead of exec()

hope that helps
Zoltán Németh